Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Just oreded wheelchair cositoes and jacket

(14 Posts)
sarah293 Tue 23-Nov-10 16:56:05

Message withdrawn

ah so unfair. why is it that anything special needs is sooo bloody expensive. is there anyway you can get funding for it from a caf , family fund or cereba etc...
ds has just had a caf done. i asked for a crelling harness, more special needs swimming lessons ( i paid for first lot) and a weighted lap pad,blanket. don't know for sure if i'll get any but worth a try.

sarah293 Tue 23-Nov-10 17:23:51

Message withdrawn

ah don't blame you, anything special needs is so dear.
maybe there will be a charity that can reinburse should you keep the receipt?
def agree about the cold. today and yest have been 5 and 6 buses plus a taxi (that i can ill afford) days and now finally home i'm still warming up! all that waiting around at bus stops is horrible and i know yourself and dd are bus users too.

sarah293 Tue 23-Nov-10 17:34:46

Message withdrawn

aw it must be so hard. i find it hard enough with ds who can walk but has zero sense of danger and trys to run in road, lies on floor kicking etc constantly. he's size of a five yr old at 3.3 and cant get him to stay in buggy and reins too small with coat.
must be so difficult for you.

purplepidjin Tue 23-Nov-10 23:19:10

You can buy fleece fabric, and the quilting to go between, and ready-quilted fabric although it's quite thin. Message me if you want a proper decently priced quote. I researched stuff like this before I decided to start making the trousers and was horrified at the prices of things that are pretty much essential. It can't be that hard, surely, to make a fleece jacket (£3.99 a metre I think, comes in loads of pretty fabrics and you'd probably only need the one metre) then cut holes in the right place for the straps and blanket stitch?

Some of the stuff I saw was so ugly!! How hard would it be to put a bit of trim on and make it pretty, especially at those prices?

Sorry, not-really-justified rant over ;)

cloelia Wed 24-Nov-10 20:25:38

I have a purple Rackety's cosy toes type thing, quilted, size large to fit an average sized 9 year old probably, we used it in the wheelchair and buggy but now she has grown out of it; happy to post it to you for free if you want it Riven

DRivenGnomeforChristmas Wed 24-Nov-10 20:51:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cloelia Wed 24-Nov-10 22:19:08

o m g what is pm? I could give you a curious e mail and you e mail me your RL address? going to bed now will check tomorrow!! glad to see it going to a good home

saltyseadog Wed 24-Nov-10 22:30:21

I have a Racketys cover for a 3-5 year old if anyone wants it (in pink). Happy for someone to have it for free - PM if interested.

DRivenGnomeforChristmas Thu 25-Nov-10 11:21:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

glittery Thu 25-Nov-10 22:05:20

what about a kids slanket for an extra (easy to get on over straps) layer?
argos are doing a cheaper version too.

cloelia Thu 25-Nov-10 22:25:02

ok riven I am getting on the case. have had to ask hq for advice but will soon be on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now