Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Help please for friends baby with formula

(6 Posts)
MotherJack Tue 23-Nov-10 16:04:18

Hi,
Wondering if anyone can help? I'm posting on behalf of a friend whose baby is on special formula but it's giving her terrible wind with associated pain. She has tried (and I've cut and paste this from facebook as I'm not sure which is what!) nutrini nutrini petisorb firbre peadasure neocate and it all seems to upset her.

Does anyone have any recommendations to help?

Thank you

starfishmummy Tue 23-Nov-10 17:55:54

She needs.to talk to the dietitian and or paed asap. Keeping a diary is probably a good thing as (from experience) they will try to say
it's not usually a problem on xxx feed
it's coincidence

none of the nutrini formulas suited Ds but it took a lot of pushing and eventually the help of a sympathetc nurse when he was in hospital to get anyone to listen. Good luck

elliejjtiny Tue 23-Nov-10 18:36:58

DS2 had infatrini. Has she tried different bottles/teats as that sometimes helps

oddgirl Tue 23-Nov-10 18:57:54

Neocate is one of the most elemental feeds you can get so if she isnt doing ok with that the next step would be something like EO28 but tbh she needs to be seen by a gastro team to sort her out tbh...poor little thing.

shaz298 Tue 23-Nov-10 19:13:11

My little boy did okish on Neocate but does uch better now on MCT Peptide. Not too freely available but it has worked for him as he doesn't digest fat very well and the fats in this are absorbed into the syste and don't need to be digested. x

MotherJack Tue 23-Nov-10 22:56:40

Thank you all. I have cut and paste your responses and emailed them to her. Hopefully she will be able to find a solution from them.

smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: