Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Can I ask for DLA to be reassessed?

(5 Posts)
ShadeofViolet Mon 22-Nov-10 08:07:08

DS (ASD) was awarded MRC when he was 2.5. He is nearly 4 now but is requiring more care than he did back then - he wakes every night, still cant feed/dress himself, needs constant watching and goes out in the buggy rather than walking as the sensory problems become too much outside.

Can I ask for his DLA to be reassessed? These things could be considered average for a 2.5 year old, but not a nearly 4 year old.

HecateQueenOfWitches Mon 22-Nov-10 08:48:29

yes. You can ask that at any time. If his needs have changed. Just phone up and tell them his needs have changed. They'll guide you.

MistsAndMellow Mon 22-Nov-10 09:06:13

If he isn't walking he may be entitled to the mobility component which can be awarded from the age of three. If he is waking frequently he may also be entitled to the higher care rate. Good luck smile

ShadeofViolet Mon 22-Nov-10 10:02:55

Do they stop your payments while they reassess?

MistsAndMellow Mon 22-Nov-10 20:22:59

Don't think so, I'm still getting higher rate care for DS while we are bitterly clashing disagreeing about his entitlement to the mobility part.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: