Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Bed wetting

(7 Posts)
VJay Thu 18-Nov-10 14:07:22

DS1 is 8, he is ASD. He wets the bed on average 2-3 times a week, sometimes just a small amount that doesn't even reach the sheets. Last week I was changing his bed and realised for the first time that I was changing it because it needed changing and not because he'd wet it, I was really pleased thinking we had turned a corner. Then this week I have changed his bed twice and he has woken wet about 5 times. Also he has started coming home from school again smelling strongly of wee. I am so worried that he'll get picked on for this.
I have made an appointment with his paed in December for a general review and to discuss this.
I was wondering if anyone elses child does this, and how do you deal with it.
I don't let ds have a drink past 6pm. I've also talked to him about his smelling of wee but he shouts at me that he doesn't. Also when he wakes up wet he gets himself into the shower, which is a recent development but one that I am very proud of.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to see what others do in this situation.

smile

daisysue2 Thu 18-Nov-10 14:23:01

I had a miracle break through with this. Was just about to put my dd at the end of year4 on the tablets that are prescribed but didn't really want to. So I thought I would take her for some hypnotherapy. I couldn't get an appointment with the lady I wanted to go to but she had a website and I saw she did CDs on bedwetting. They are called I'm dry at night. Anyway, I got it but didn't really thing it would work.

On the first night I put it on her CD player next to her bed and turned the lights off. (she always has quite music playing next to her bed) she listened to it that night. The next day she hadn't wet the bed, or the next or the next. Then that was it, she then she never really wet the bed after that. Maybe three or four times that year. She even went on the school trip, which I thought would be a nightmare but didn't went once.

I asked her why she thought it worked on her and she said because the lady told her what to do. Basically I think she is quite open to hypnotism because of the ASD.

Not saying it would work for everybody but it really did for my dd.

VJay Thu 18-Nov-10 14:25:41

That sounds really interesting daisy thankyou. Did your dd wet the bed every night before then or was it like my ds, occasionally, with some weeks being worse than others?

VJay Thu 18-Nov-10 14:28:38

I've found the cd on amazon and have just ordered it, thanks.

daisysue2 Thu 18-Nov-10 16:47:27

She wet the bed about three times a week sometimes twice. Most we could do was the occasional week without a wet bed.

VJay Thu 18-Nov-10 18:52:22

That is exactly what we are currently going through. I'm looking forward to trying out this CD, thanks again smile

SauvignonBlanche Thu 18-Nov-10 18:55:14

I wish I'd seen that CD was my DS was 8 envy
He too has AS and has just become dry at night - at 13!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now