Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Children who have transport to school ...

(11 Posts)
nappyaddict Wed 17-Nov-10 15:09:27

What happens if they have a medical appointment on a school day? Does that mean they have to have a day off if you can't get them to or from school cos it's too far away?

2shoes Wed 17-Nov-10 15:11:19

I assume so, as there is normally more than one child on the bus?in the taxi

nappyaddict Wed 17-Nov-10 15:14:40

That's what I did yesterday with DS but wasn't sure if school/LA were meant to provide transport from school to his appointment or not.

cloelia Wed 17-Nov-10 15:40:01

yes my daughter has to miss school but if I get her there late, she can get transport home (or go in by transport if I take her out for a p m appointment).

nappyaddict Wed 17-Nov-10 16:32:18

Is it the same if the school want to send them home due to illness? You have to somehow fetch them?

SantasMooningArse Wed 17-Nov-10 16:44:59

Yes, we would have to. Next year ds3 and ds1 may well be at SNU bases 10 miles in opposite directions; I will dread school closure through snow!

2shoes Wed 17-Nov-10 16:47:42

yes if dd is ill I have to go and get her(16 miles each way)

tallwivglasses Wed 17-Nov-10 16:57:26

Appointments and picking up when not well cost us a fortune in taxis as the school is the other side of the city.

Appointments at the school are often first thing in the morning so I have to get a taxi for them the moment ds leaves on the minibus. It's daft!

borderslass Wed 17-Nov-10 17:11:20

DS always missed high school as it was a 60 mile round trip, with primary I picked him up but it was still a 36 mile round trip. I now take him myself so he doesn't miss school for appointments.

sarah293 Wed 17-Nov-10 17:14:00

Message withdrawn

nappyaddict Thu 18-Nov-10 01:14:55

DS' school is too far away to walk to, you can go by bus with a few changes and I can't afford a taxi. I do think there is a flaw in the system TBH.

"Appointments at the school are often first thing in the morning so I have to get a taxi for them the moment ds leaves on the minibus. It's daft!"

I've actually had to miss assemblies because the taxi picks him up at 8:30-8:45 and that's too late to get the bus there in time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now