Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Transparency buzz word

(9 Posts)
TheArsenicCupCake Mon 15-Nov-10 21:53:34

Seems to be the thing at the moment.

Being told left right and centre about it.. Trouble is I get the feeling that I am the only person who is supposed to be transparent.

So when is transparency not transparent?
When the main carer does know what the he'll is going on!

Grrr over

auntevil Tue 16-Nov-10 10:20:44

Don't you just hate when 'words' get over used - and misused. Is there some government department that sits and decides what 'word' should be used next? That's 1 department that should face cuts. Maybe the redundant staff should use the 'opportunity' to reassess their 'life choices'? grin

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 16-Nov-10 10:33:26

I blame the high up spin doctors for buzz words.. Apparently 'transparency' has been used for quite a while in government and the big companies.. It takes a while for it to filter down to local.
and is over and misused...
Do you remember 'thinking out of the box'.. ?

It IMO is still being used with regard to 'transparency'.. Therefore making it nul and void lol.. If you think out of the box with regard to transparency.. You get a solid no information given out

ahhh well I shall quote the buzz word backat them

auntevil Tue 16-Nov-10 11:03:27

it's a bit like that other thread about explaining what words really mean. 'Blue sky thinking' - ideas that suddenly spring to mind when your head's in the cloud and you haven't been listening to the whole conversation? 'opportunity' is one of my most hated. Loathed the 'thinking outside the box' , 'squaring the circle', ooh, and the one that really winds me up at the moment is going into a professionals office and them asking me what i would like them to do for me. 99% of the time, i'm going there because i don't know what to do, they have the training and the knowledge and i want their input, otherwise i would have done the professional qualification myself.
Oh Arsenic - you've unleashed the pedant in me! grin

StarkAndWitchesWillFindYou Tue 16-Nov-10 17:02:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 16-Nov-10 17:14:46

lol

well I have sort of found out what I wanted to via default today.
Time to make a pest of myself again ( can you hear my printer straining yet?)

well if blue sky thinking is when your head is in the clouds.... We need a new buzz word for when a fought comes to you whilst sat on the toilet... This happens to me lots! ( the loo is my only quiet space lol).

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 16-Nov-10 17:16:48

Fought?? O m g

thought!

Now there's a pendant moment for you

auntevil Tue 16-Nov-10 20:51:35

It's sad when we have to retreat to the toilet to get a few minutes to clear our thoughts. I lock the door - it doesn't stop the banging, but you can't have things thrust at you or leaning over you wanting buttons done up etc.
I'm leaning toward the word throne - perhaps having a throne alone moment?
LOL at fought. This is spending too much time fighting various organisations it's probably predictive typing! grin

TheArsenicCupCake Tue 16-Nov-10 21:00:31

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now