Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Just when you think they hate each other

(14 Posts)
TheArsenicCupCake Mon 15-Nov-10 20:28:04

Ds1 is trying to teach ds2 to wiggle his thumbs in circles. And to use the word gingerly instead of sheepishly all the time.

dd has explained a joke to ds2 earlier and told him to take turns when speaking to her... And explained why she flaps her hands ( normal hand gestures) when she speaks.

Ds2 in return has explained how to make hyrdogen from hydrochloric acid to dd ( who's eyes glazed over.. She's 7 lol).

See they love each other really

5inthebed Mon 15-Nov-10 20:30:47

grin

They do have their moments.

(I have just tried to move my thumbs in circles and can't do it hmm)

woolytree Mon 15-Nov-10 20:31:21

grin

TheArsenicCupCake Mon 15-Nov-10 20:35:41

5.. Lol I wonder how many people Reading this give it a go?

apparently it is needed to pretend your hands are a turtle... This bit went over my head though!

ArthurPewty Mon 15-Nov-10 20:42:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LunarRose Mon 15-Nov-10 20:43:01

cute smile

Bluesunbeam Mon 15-Nov-10 20:52:23

Sweet!!!

Ineed2 Mon 15-Nov-10 21:43:13

I had a similar moment tonight when Dd2 "allowed" Dd3 to help her cook her tea [we all eat separately on mondays]. She even "allowed" her to put the rubbish in the bin for her!!!

I had to LOL at your Ds2 and the hydrogen thingygringrin.

Dd3 regularly tries to explain OH's shift pattern to Dd2 who instantly glazes over.gringrin.

TheArsenicCupCake Mon 15-Nov-10 22:02:20

you gotta smile .. Glad your dd3 was allowed to be helper

Ds2 like to explain things like that... However I did have to explain that explaining how to make a molotov cocktail to another year 7 wasn't a good idea.

Hmmm his reply was but dad told me! OMG!
We had a long long chat!

intothewest Mon 15-Nov-10 22:35:57

hi- the turtle thing-put one hand on top of the other(palms down) and clasp your fingers and the thumbs circle out to the sides...turtle.........sorry,have your eyes glazed over

springlamb Mon 15-Nov-10 22:37:43

Overheard in the hall Saturday night during dd's 9th birthday party:
"That is my big brother's new racing wheelchair. It's all souped up especially for his wheelchair football, he's a bit of a champion, it cost him £5000 and it's a death trap"
12 little girls all shock at dd's limpy brother owning a death trap.
Course when it's just the two of them they go at it hammer and tongs all night and hate each other.

TheArsenicCupCake Mon 15-Nov-10 22:48:26

@ death trap

And the turtle thing... But then the turtle has only got two legs!

intothewest Mon 15-Nov-10 22:54:32

...maybe you stick your little fingers out too-and circle your thumbs...it's been a while

ouryve Tue 16-Nov-10 12:49:14

Awww.

There's hope for my two, yet. They spend much of their time glaring and yelling/screaming at each other.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: