Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Just when you think they hate each other

(14 Posts)
TheArsenicCupCake Mon 15-Nov-10 20:28:04

Ds1 is trying to teach ds2 to wiggle his thumbs in circles. And to use the word gingerly instead of sheepishly all the time.

dd has explained a joke to ds2 earlier and told him to take turns when speaking to her... And explained why she flaps her hands ( normal hand gestures) when she speaks.

Ds2 in return has explained how to make hyrdogen from hydrochloric acid to dd ( who's eyes glazed over.. She's 7 lol).

See they love each other really

5inthebed Mon 15-Nov-10 20:30:47

grin

They do have their moments.

(I have just tried to move my thumbs in circles and can't do it hmm)

woolytree Mon 15-Nov-10 20:31:21

grin

TheArsenicCupCake Mon 15-Nov-10 20:35:41

5.. Lol I wonder how many people Reading this give it a go?

apparently it is needed to pretend your hands are a turtle... This bit went over my head though!

ArthurPewty Mon 15-Nov-10 20:42:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LunarRose Mon 15-Nov-10 20:43:01

cute smile

Bluesunbeam Mon 15-Nov-10 20:52:23

Sweet!!!

Ineed2 Mon 15-Nov-10 21:43:13

I had a similar moment tonight when Dd2 "allowed" Dd3 to help her cook her tea [we all eat separately on mondays]. She even "allowed" her to put the rubbish in the bin for her!!!

I had to LOL at your Ds2 and the hydrogen thingygringrin.

Dd3 regularly tries to explain OH's shift pattern to Dd2 who instantly glazes over.gringrin.

TheArsenicCupCake Mon 15-Nov-10 22:02:20

you gotta smile .. Glad your dd3 was allowed to be helper

Ds2 like to explain things like that... However I did have to explain that explaining how to make a molotov cocktail to another year 7 wasn't a good idea.

Hmmm his reply was but dad told me! OMG!
We had a long long chat!

intothewest Mon 15-Nov-10 22:35:57

hi- the turtle thing-put one hand on top of the other(palms down) and clasp your fingers and the thumbs circle out to the sides...turtle.........sorry,have your eyes glazed over

springlamb Mon 15-Nov-10 22:37:43

Overheard in the hall Saturday night during dd's 9th birthday party:
"That is my big brother's new racing wheelchair. It's all souped up especially for his wheelchair football, he's a bit of a champion, it cost him £5000 and it's a death trap"
12 little girls all shock at dd's limpy brother owning a death trap.
Course when it's just the two of them they go at it hammer and tongs all night and hate each other.

TheArsenicCupCake Mon 15-Nov-10 22:48:26

@ death trap

And the turtle thing... But then the turtle has only got two legs!

intothewest Mon 15-Nov-10 22:54:32

...maybe you stick your little fingers out too-and circle your thumbs...it's been a while

ouryve Tue 16-Nov-10 12:49:14

Awww.

There's hope for my two, yet. They spend much of their time glaring and yelling/screaming at each other.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now