Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

If ds does not get dressed soon he is going out in his pjs

(17 Posts)
TheArsenicCupCake Sun 14-Nov-10 14:33:23

End of story .. We are not all going to be hauled up today because he won't get dressed.

It's only for a wander we are not asking much of him, just to get a bit of fresh air .. It has been on the visual timetable for today since thursday.

So ifyou see a non compliant dc out for a fresh air clear the atmosphere walk in his pjs .. Wave cos it will be me
Aghhhhhh

Ineed2 Sun 14-Nov-10 15:12:16

LOL at your Ds TACC. As you know we have similar clothes issues here.
Dd3 had to get dressed this morning to attend Rememberance Parade with Brownies. [She carried the flag and did a reading OMG].
I have been priming her all week about going especially as I was not staying with her.

But yesterday it took me until lunchtime to force her into a pair of joggers and a hoodie!! And it was her that wanted to go outhmm.

I hope you managed to get out for your walk.grin.

c0rns1lk Sun 14-Nov-10 15:13:54

We also have PJ issues. You have my sympathy.

TheArsenicCupCake Sun 14-Nov-10 15:16:50

Not yet indeed.. On a meltdown as I type.

Well done on the brownies Reading .. That's brilliant!

Goblinchild Sun 14-Nov-10 15:19:39

Nothing wrong with pjs, it's like wearing a thin jogging suit. grin
Bundle a coat on, socks and wellies.
A scarf and balaclava muffles the noise of raging. (voice of experience)
Good luck.

TheArsenicCupCake Sun 14-Nov-10 15:21:57

Thanks corny... Honestly how do you explain the the majority about what your weekend was really like.. When they say " have a nice weekend?"

just wish ds was either safe to leave on his own or would blooming let us go out as a family aghhhhhhhhhhghhhh

never mind when he stops chucking his bed about .. Well try again.

TheArsenicCupCake Sun 14-Nov-10 15:24:04

A woman after my own heart goblin.. ..

Am going to let him stop with the bed thing and get him out doors.. ( hey it's wet here so it's quiet out.. Which is good!)

c0rns1lk Sun 14-Nov-10 15:25:46

ds has promised he'll go to lazer quest with dh...still waiting and still in his pj's hmm

Goblinchild Sun 14-Nov-10 15:27:48

You mean throwing his mattress around?
Mine used to do that, and use it to barricade the door.
He usually calmed down on our enforced excursions once he was actually out and walking.
Silence for the first few minutes from all, and then looking for the nearest stick to prod things with.

Ineed2 Sun 14-Nov-10 15:31:37

I was gobsmacked about the reading to be honest, but really happy, she used to be really confident and would stand up at school or anywhere with out any problems. But since going into Year 3 she has been really down and hasn't even gone to Brownies without me, so that made today even more special. I suppose most parents would be sad to have missed it but for me it is amazing that she went without me at allgrin.

Sorry your Ds is in meltdown and that you are unable to get out. I can't really offer any advice because I know you use all the strategies and probably know more than I do.
Hope he calms down quickly.

TheArsenicCupCake Sun 14-Nov-10 15:32:59

Hope he has a nice time at laser quest..

We are going to try out scouts this week .. Ds has promisedto give it a go if I sort out some more riding for him... Win win situation... However he has refused toget dressedthis weekend.. Having said that .. Clothes are the least of my concerns..

Although I am waiting for him to pullthison a school day.. Because uniforms are uncomfy

TheArsenicCupCake Sun 14-Nov-10 15:34:22

Goblin... Not the matteress... His bed .. I actually mean his bed.

Goblinchild Sun 14-Nov-10 15:35:52

I did post on another thread that I've had children arrive in their pjs.
Mine strips off and changes when he comes in.

Goblinchild Sun 14-Nov-10 15:37:45

Ah, ds has a lowrise bed with drawers and a den. He wouldn't want to disrupt his hidey hole.

TheArsenicCupCake Sun 14-Nov-10 15:44:37

We've tried all types of beds tbh.. We have settle for a metal frame bolted to tbe floor.. But dh hasn't bolted this one down yet after we had to replace the old one as he broke the slats under the matteress..

Writing this down makes it sound really awful

Anyway having tried most things out.. It has got less and he's not thumping people now .. So that's a plus!

And I can hear him putting things back tidy now.. So it looks like we might be outside soon ish!

Goblinchild Sun 14-Nov-10 16:16:45

That's where reading your diaries and logs from a few years back helps. Sometimes it's a shock to realise just how bad things were back then, and how much progress has been made.
Even though they are still in their pjs, eating icing sugar out of the box and making complex lego structures that can't be moved.
Oops, that's just mine. grin
But he'll be doing his GCSE mock tomorrow, and PFN like a goodun

TheArsenicCupCake Sun 14-Nov-10 17:06:23

Ahh well we are back .. Ds refused to move so dh stayed home with him.

Totally agree about the logs and diaries.. Things are a lot better than they used to be and I'm very grateful for that.

Dh I'd bolting the bed down after work tomorrow! Nothing like ds banging about to make dh get on with a. Job.

Good luck with the mocks

ooohhh we have those Lego structures that can't be moved too.

Not quite sure what to do on this one.. Ds is too big to physically move.. But can't be left on his own.. And it's increasingly more common that it's seperating family things...
But if he won't move .. And would rather cut off his nose to spite his face there isn't a lot left to try ..
Anyway he's chuntering away at the moment as xbox and pc are banned... Again.
Think I'll give the reward jar a go again.. Hmmmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: