Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Move n Sit Cushion - has anyone used them?

(8 Posts)
Anna85 Wed 10-Nov-10 17:02:18

Just seen OT and she said these are good for concentration...as anyone else used them for their LO?

streakybacon Wed 10-Nov-10 17:07:06

Hi Anna smile

Move n Sit didn't do anything for ds, but to be fair at the time we tried he was under a ridiculous amount of stress so I dont think anything would have got past that.

We didn't really start to see him settling till we took him out of school and he had a lengthy period of calm and consistency. That improved further with medication for his ADHD symptoms.

That said, I knwo a lot of peole have seen huge improvements with them so it could be worth a try.

Anna85 Wed 10-Nov-10 17:22:20

DS problem is concentration and carpet time was a big issue, although he does seem a bit better now!!

madsadlibrarian Wed 10-Nov-10 17:58:32

similar to streakybacon - there has to be some contact between their bum and the cushion for it to work!

Ineed2 Wed 10-Nov-10 18:52:07

I noticed a big difference with Dd3 when she had hers, she had never sat still before especially at mealtimes. I told her it helps to strengthen the muscles in your back and tummy.

However someone told her that the cushion was designed for people who can't sit still and now she won't sit on it at allsad.

For what they cost I would definatly give one a try, I am hoping that the OT might be able to encourage her to use ours again when we see them next week.

In an OT session the OT put DS1 on one, with a lap blanket, and the difference was marked - breathing slowed, he relaxed, his tasks became more organised etc.

I'm getting one, whether school will put it in place or not will be another matter!

Anna85 Wed 10-Nov-10 19:35:06

Do you think if it worked it would help them to sit and do things like reading and phonics etc? x

IndigoBell Wed 10-Nov-10 20:58:25

My DS uses one all the time at school. Takes it to ICT, assembly, everything.

I figure it must be really helping for school to encourage that

So, yes. We've been very pleased with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now