Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

statement advice / freedom of info request

(5 Posts)
JoMaman Tue 21-Sep-10 09:50:31

hello,

Ds1 (2.9) has autism and we started ABA recently and I've put in request for statutory assessment. I've already made my first mistake - I thought recorded delivery was covering all the bases, apparently I need to hand deliver in future as one week later they are claiming not to have received it!

Anyway, I've read on various posts in the past about it being useful to make FOI requests on your LEA's previous actions and policies regarding ABA. I know these requests can take a long time to be answered, but I thought if the tribunal won't be for another 12 months, I still have time.

Can anyone offer any advice on what to ask for in FOI, how long to expect for responses, or if in your experience this is a waste of time and I'd be better pursuing other avenues.

Many TIA x

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 21-Sep-10 12:59:34

Message withdrawn

JoMaman Tue 21-Sep-10 13:25:26

thanks very much, I will give it a shot!

sugarcandymonster Tue 21-Sep-10 13:44:07

Have a look on www.whatdotheyknow.com/, you'll be able to look at other FOI requests and see how they were worded. You can also make a FOI request online.

JoMaman Tue 21-Sep-10 14:04:26

such a useful site - exactly what I was looking for - thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now