Talk

Advanced search

anyone got any advice or been in my situation!!!

(2 Posts)
bigdonna Fri 23-Oct-09 12:04:10

hi my ds is 12 he has had anxiety problems for a couple of yrs he started a new school in sept but will do anything not to go.he is on a two hr a day,but still manages to have an anxiety episode or i cant even get him there.we have tried home ed,we see camhs and he is waiting to be assessed for aspergers he is a very unhappy boy and has always been very clingy to me.just wondering if anyone has the answer!!!!he just hates school.please tell me there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Cadelaide Fri 23-Oct-09 22:46:47

You must be so worried for your boy bigdonna.

I have no experience, but I can tell you my sis's stepson went through a similar thing and didn't go to secondary school at all. He studied part time at a local YMCA centre, in between bouts of "refusal",
got very good gcse grades (this year)and is now studying at the local College. He still has days when he can't get out of bed and dreads going in, but he talks about it and on the whole is doing fine.

So, try not to panic.

I hope someone comes along with more direct experience. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now