Talk

Advanced search

'Annual review' in year 6

(4 Posts)
vjg13 Fri 26-Sep-08 16:44:29

My daughter had her year 5 transitional review in May 08 and we disagree with school about her current placement and her proposed secondary school placement. It was left that we would discuss it with the LEA.

Had a letter today inviting us to her annual review at the end of October. Is this normal for the start of year 6, we were not expecting this at all.

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 26-Sep-08 21:19:30

Would suggest you contact IPSEA asap - their web address is www.ipsea.org.uk. There is also some information on there re reviews of Statements.

WedgiesMum Fri 26-Sep-08 21:31:26

AFAIK statements in Y6 are reviewed in October because of the transition to Y7 and placement issues. I think it is supposed to give the chosen school time to put things into place and for transition activities to take place. I work with a Y6 child and their statement review is in a couple of weeks precisely for those reasons and all of the children I've known/worked with as SN children have had their statements reviewed in the Oct/Nov prior to their tranfer to Y7.

Hope this helps!

vjg13 Sat 27-Sep-08 11:42:53

Thanks so much for that ATM and WM.

I was a bit paranoid because at the moment we are trying to still get changes to her proposed amended statement from the May review and haven't made much progress. We have got some legal help so will try to reach him on monday. We know we will end up at a tribunal and want to get the statement right so we get the school we want.

This process is so soul destroying, we started this 18 months ago and it is dragging on and on. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now