Talk

Advanced search

Can't believe it DS4's application for school place Sept 2009 has just arrived. He might have a statement by then, which box do I tick?

(3 Posts)
mehgalegs Thu 11-Sep-08 14:07:59

Part C of the form asks if he has a Statement. He doesn't yet, the proces has just begun for us. Do I still tick the box?

isgrassgreener Fri 12-Sep-08 17:14:15

Not sure about that, but I would ring the LEA and check.
If you have a statement in place you go through a slightly different process and do not have to apply in the same way, but if you are only at the beginning of the statementing process it may take quite a long time to get the statement finalised.
Have you been given a name of someone from the LEA who is dealing with your case? If so I would speak to them.

runikka Sun 14-Sep-08 21:37:45

We are in the same boat as you and have already decided which schools we would like to our little man to go to. I sent the application form back with our preferences but mentioned that we are in the process of trying for a statement. I did also phone the number on the form which I think was a help line for special education needs. All we are doing is advising just about everyone we can think of our preferences but hoping that the statement process has a quick and positive result.

Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now