Talk

Advanced search

Applying for a school place. Please help !!

(4 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Mon 01-Sep-08 19:20:26

I recieved a letter yesterday saying that I have to register my daughter at a primary school by the 30th of September so that she can start the following September or january. sad sad
I'm not sure how this works, I'd like to apply for a very over subscribed school that has excellent facilities and would be fantastic for my daughters speech disorder and if she needed any extra help in reading/ wrighting etc, as it's the same side of the brain apparently.
Anyway we are just outside catchment, but our local primery school is also good.
If I say first choice over subscribed one, would that meen that I might not get her in to our local primary because we didn't put it first? She dosn't have a statement, although I think she should. I'll have to talk to the SALT.

mummyloveslucy Mon 01-Sep-08 20:15:46

Anyone ?? blush

lulurose Mon 01-Sep-08 20:25:48

Not really sure what to advise as each area deals with admissions differently. In our borough, even without a statement children with SEN may sometimes recieve a priority place at their local school. Worth a try?

Most EYs teachers have good training on Speech and Language and work closely with SALT to provide opportunities to develop and enrich childrens language so I would go for the local school personally. What excellent facilities does the other have? Is it something specific to SAL difficulties?

mummyloveslucy Wed 03-Sep-08 20:39:06

lulurose- Thank you, I think I will go for our local primary as it just felt more homely when we went to look around.
The over subscribed school has everything. It's got top marks with OFSTED for everything, but it is huge. It's more like a college really.
I'm not sure if that would suit her as much, as she is a bit shy, quiet and very easily overwhelmed. She is very sensetive and dosn't like a lot of noise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now