Advanced search

Fairley House SEN school

(4 Posts)
hotmamajama1 Mon 16-Sep-19 20:18:06

Hi! My son has an EHCP as he has dyslexia, dyscalculia and some speech and language delay. The Local Authority is funding a one-on-one Support Assistant at a private school. He is however not accessing the curriculum as he needs more specialist help. Do you know if the council would be able to fund Fairley House for him even though we live in Wandsworth? Appreciate all the feedback! Thanks!!

SLM Sun 22-Sep-19 12:59:36

Hello, I have a child at FHS with an EHCP. He is funded by our local council. I believe about 1/3 of the children are LEA funded.

hotmamajama1 Thu 26-Sep-19 12:27:02

Thank you for writing back. They have now actually said they can't take out son because he also has speech and language delay. I was really surprised to hear as they had said that they had speech and language therapists in the school. sad

malmontar Wed 02-Oct-19 22:21:17

I was about to comment this exact thing and than read your update op. It would've suited our DD perfectly but as she has DLD as well as dyslexia they flat out said no. They said the list of SALT on their website is for the assessment clinic they have. Our DD is now in a mainstream state school with an amazing Sen team and seems to be about 10inches taller from confidence since September. Don't give up, we looked at the private system and as much as it helps some I don't think they have the facilities in mainstream private. Some state schools are awful for Sen but there are some amazing gems. Our dream school is frewen college though. If our DD was willing to board than maybe but we cant relocate unfortunately.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »