Talk

Advanced search

IEP Writer

(4 Posts)
mummynumnum Thu 05-Jul-07 07:10:40

Does anyone work in special needs and use IEP writer? Is it any good? I am a secondary senco.

Littlefish Thu 05-Jul-07 13:48:42

Hi mummynumnum.

I used it when I was SENCO in a primary school. I found it really useful as a way of supporting staff go get going wtih writing IEPs. The school had a very low level of understanding about appropriate targets, strategies and achievement criteria, so IEP writer gave them a starting point. It gives a wide range of suggested targets in different areas, but it's really important to personalise it as some of the achievement criteria are a bit dodgy.

So on the whole, I'd say yes, we found it good. I did find that I needed to spend a lot of time supporting staff initially as they weren't used to writing their own IEPs at all, let alone using a software package.

mummynumnum Thu 05-Jul-07 19:14:31

Thanks for that. Good to get a recommedation from someone other than the company selling it.

Phraedd Sat 07-Jul-07 17:47:09

i am an LSA and the teacher that i am woirking with uses IEP writer. It seems to be great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now