Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feeling like an inadequate mother

(4 Posts)
Queenofthesilverdollar Sun 22-Oct-17 04:56:37

Just need to put this out there. DS 13 had mild dyspraxia and hypermobility. He is a kind, funny, bright boy who absorbs new experiences like a sponge. Last year he got 10 school prizes evenly spread for effort, achievement and improvement. He has friends and people go out of their way to tell me & DH what great kid he is. He hates PE but has found a couch to 5k Zombie apocalypse -app and has stuck to it through rain, shine and storm Brian. He loves scouts.

Today he has found out he hasn't been picked for international Jamboree. He was disappointed but unprompted text the 3 kids he knew who have got on to say well done and how pleased he was for them and gave some of his own pocket money to their fundraising to go. He then toddled off and has had a great day doing some history stuff and making up -awful- jokes with his Dad and the pair laughing like drains. I even cracked a smile despite myself at one 😀

So I am immensely proud of him and, whilst just a wee bit biased, he is a great kid BUT am gutted that he is always passed over for things like scout camp, school play, etc etc. I just want him to have a chance to find his thing, I know he's only 13, I know he is getting recognition at school etc.

Does anyone else DS/DD with dyspraxia have this,

ricecakeseverywhere Thu 26-Oct-17 04:43:02

I have no relevant experience, but just wanted to say he sounds great x

BackforGood Fri 27-Oct-17 19:57:59

He sounds fab, and lke you should be very proud. I know quite a bit about the WSJ. Not being one of the dc selected is in no way a failure. In our county, they had 143 dc at the selection day for just 36 places. Therre were some fantastic Scouts and Explorers who didn't get in.
From what you post, it doesn't sound like he is "always passed over" though. Don't you think there might be dc at his school saying how unfair it is that Queen's ds got 10 prizes in one year, when they never got a single one ?

Queenofthesilverdollar Fri 27-Oct-17 20:06:10

Thanks both you're very kind. BackforGood I know you're right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now