Talk

Advanced search

Revision techniques with working memory, slow progressing and dyslexic

(4 Posts)
angelsgirls Thu 12-Oct-17 22:18:51

Dd (year 10) has working memory, slow processing and dyslexic traits) unfortunately was only diagnosed last year at the start of year 9.

She has just started her GCSEs and will be doing her BTECH PE exam (which counts to 25% for her final mark) in December, she done her mock last week and unfortunately failed... though not really unexpected.

Dd desperately wants to do well and whilst she is producing good work in class where she has support from the teachers and TA she is unable to retain the info as she is not transferring it into her long term memory.

We have 2 months to revise and both her and myself want her to do well or as well as she possibly can knowing that she put the hard work in. Please can anyone advise of revision techniques that would help her?

Also does anyone know if it's possible to buy those plastic wallets that go into folders in blue as this helps her a lot.

Thanks

angelsgirls Fri 13-Oct-17 09:54:35

Hopefully bump!

Tissie Fri 13-Oct-17 22:40:19

Tis is a huge area and different techniques may work for different subjects. As a senco I supported a number of students with this but it would make a very lengthy post and possibly not appropriate. if you pm me I will respond with my own email and could then send you methods to try.

Janeeastdulwich Wed 18-Oct-17 11:45:07

Hi there
With my students with dyslexia I find these the most useful:
Visualisation techniques
Mind-mapping
Bullet points
Lots of short sessions - no long 'cramming'
Overlearning
Mnemonics
Praise!
Id preferred learning style and use multisensory techniques adapted to this style.
Text to Speech apps.
Good luck!
Jane

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now