Talk

Advanced search

7 year old DS had a bad day :(

(3 Posts)
rasmusklump Thu 21-Sep-17 18:05:54

He's just started a SN school and as it's a certain distance from us, he gets transport in the form of a minibus. He has a DX of ASD.

He actually loves the new school, he's settled in brilliantly and his teacher is amazing. The class size is nearly a quarter of what he's used to in mainstream, it's fab.

But on the minibus he's been clashing with some other boys and today he had a total meltdown which ended in him hitting himself, taking his socks, shoes and trousers off etc.

I've been told this started by him winding up some of the other children, but when I asked for details nobody actually heard so I'm a bit uneasy about it being blamed on him when no one is actually sure what happened.

I'm just really sad for him. I don't want him to lose his place on the bus and I want to know what's triggering this behaviour.

Ugh. Just needed a little vent sad

junebirthdaygirl Sun 08-Oct-17 10:25:35

Is there an assistant on the bus who could keep a close eye on him?

DrJLee Sun 08-Oct-17 21:27:43

Someone should be supervising on the bus.

Ultimately, it's really hard to have him going on the bus. BUT... this may be a one off, might not be the last time and, as per usually if he's anything like my kids, you'll never get to the bottom of it anyway!

Tomorrow is a new week smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now