Advanced search

Oversea SEN student study in U.K. Boarding school

(17 Posts)
Mimiip05 Wed 08-Mar-17 12:33:15

My son is 14 years old this year. He is high function ASD and ADHD, study in mainstream school in HongKong. We plan to send him studying in UK. May I know that private school support ? If we want to go with him, we can apply working visa or not.
Our consultants suggested some school for us, please give us commment 1. St David' college
2. Worksop college
3. Wycliffe college
4. West buck land school
5. Sidcot school

Mary21 Thu 09-Mar-17 18:51:50

I think it would be wise to contact the schools and speak to the learning support departments. Forward copies of any reports to them. You will probibly have to pay extra for any extra support. West buckland has had pupils with a variety of sen over the years but each child is individual
More House in Frensham might be worth a look.

Mary21 Thu 09-Mar-17 18:55:34

I was going to add boarding can be hard with ASD as there isn't down time at home to relax.
Another school to look at is Bredon
Does your son manage well in mainstream now

Mimiip05 Sat 11-Mar-17 00:53:06

Thanks , May I know that More house or Breton accept oversea student application? My son emotion is stable, he can follow the instructions and acedemic result on average. Please recommendations with appreciated

Mary21 Sat 11-Mar-17 10:50:48

Bredon certainly does not sure about more House worth mailing them

Mimiip05 Sat 11-Mar-17 15:59:13

Thanks ,
Any idea of Buckswood school and Kingsley school? We speak with their Director in Hong Kong today. They claimed that they can support SEN.

Mary21 Sat 11-Mar-17 17:24:39

Kingsley is or certainly was known for its dyslexia provision

Mimiip05 Sun 12-Mar-17 09:08:25

Hi, Mary
Thank you very much!
Breton is private mainstream school or special School or SEN ?

MrsMontgomerySmythe Mon 13-Mar-17 20:30:03

There are overseas boarders at More House.

Mimiip05 Tue 14-Mar-17 02:36:50

May I know that any Chinese boys study in More house?

JamDonutsRule Tue 14-Mar-17 02:49:04

I will send you a private message with some suggestions.

JamDonutsRule Tue 14-Mar-17 03:07:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JamDonutsRule Tue 14-Mar-17 03:09:33

Oops! I meant to PM that!! Silly me!

hellokittymania Tue 14-Mar-17 03:43:04

Please check thoroughly as I am also studying at a British university but I am a non-resident since I have not lived in the UK for the required three years needed to be eligible for things like DSA . I only learned after I've taken the course that this was the case . I am allowed accommodations that fit my disability such as recording my work on my YouTube channel rather than writing . I also use webinars and other things that I find on YouTube instead of reading textbooks which I cannot access .

Do any schools have links to host families as maybe your son could stay at a host family if he needed some time away on weekends ETC?

artistictemperament Wed 15-Mar-17 12:04:09

Heard good things about Wycliffe College. Sounds like it would be worth looking into for your ds.

mrspizza Wed 15-Mar-17 15:00:47

I also live in hk and thinking to move back to uk. May I have your consultant contact ? I need suggestion on Sen school names

Mimiip05 Tue 28-Mar-17 12:38:48

Any idea about:
Beechwood Sacred Heart School
Bethany School
Clayesmore School
Mount St Mary's college
St David's College

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: