Talk

Advanced search

Boarding School for depressed girl

(2 Posts)
ettolrahc16 Thu 02-Mar-17 15:50:57

My daughter struggles from anxiety and depression as well as NVLD (non verbal learning disorder) she may also has a bit of ADD but we are not sure. She is very unhappy in traditional school and we are looking into boarding as she has voiced interest in this. She is very bright, has a great senate of humour and does well socially although her mental health can hold her back. she never gets in any trouble. we are looking for a school that could accept her for 6th form, despite her mental health and not particularly the best grades although she is very bright and has a high IQ she has just not done the best at her school. thank you

boogiewoogiebaby Sat 04-Mar-17 18:44:27

I would recommend looking into the school where my dd goes, Westonbirt, as Izvestia been hugely impressed with the way they seem to be able to focus on each girls' individual needs, not only academically but emotionally too and whilst it achieves good results it is one of the top schools for "value added" - i.e. drawing the best out of every girl from whatever starting point they arrived at. The boarders have a wonderful time, are well looked after and there is v strong pastoral care. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now