Advanced search

Is the quality of SEN support included in OFSTED reports?

(3 Posts)
Nevercan Wed 22-Feb-17 14:04:55

My daughter is 7 and has been confirmed as dyslexic. The school have not been much help and although they have a SEN policy the SEN person isnt very helpful. Can you complain about the quality of SEN support to governors or OFSTED? The issue is that the SEN is also the head of the school. Thanks

WhoKn0wsWhereTheTimeG0es Wed 22-Feb-17 14:14:31

I think if I was you I would contact the SENDIASS team at your local authority, they are a team of supporters for parents of children with SEN. They are supposed to be independent (although they are funded by the local authority) and should be able to advise you and possibly liaise between you and the school. They should also be able to guide you through the complaints procedure if you need it.

Nevercan Wed 22-Feb-17 21:31:10

Thank you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: