Talk

Advanced search

Fairley House

(6 Posts)
SickJr Wed 22-Feb-17 11:40:40

Wondering if there are any Fairley House parents, who can share their thoughts/experience on moving a child from mainstream to FH?
Thank you

Bambismum Fri 17-Mar-17 13:49:58

I too would be interested!

watsonsw19 Mon 21-May-18 23:45:56

And me!

thaigreen Fri 25-May-18 09:54:40

My dd started at FH this year. It took her a while to settle in as she missed her old school and friends. She now seems happy and is making great progress. Homework, which used to be a nightmare, is no longer a problem. Is there anything in particular you'd like to know?

watsonsw19 Fri 25-May-18 12:53:06

What would you say are the big differences and can I ask what age you moved her? I am struggling to make a decision as my child is so happy where they are but definitely needs help academically

thaigreen Fri 25-May-18 14:54:41

The big difference is that she is making progress and can now read fluently, whereas at her old school she was just falling further and further behind. She is hitting termly targets and goals across all areas. Her confidence has improved, she no longer calls herself stupid. I'll pm you further information which may be identifying.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: