Talk

Advanced search

Where can I send my SEN son to school??

(5 Posts)
lu75j Fri 03-Feb-17 15:50:41

We have had to take our DS8 out of mainstream school (he has Aspergers, ADD, Dyslexia, SPD) We are looking for alternatives and live very near to Slindon College which we thought was going to be perfect until we read some pretty awful reviews.
He has really suffered in mainstream with anxiety and general ignorance of staff (could go on for hours about the battles we've had to be understood, as if we don't have enough stress to deal with....!!)
I would love to know if any of you have any positive advice about schools, independent or otherwise.
Thanks so much in advance.

meekey Mon 06-Feb-17 19:29:20

We had a similar issue. Now looking at non selective independents. They have taster days which we will be doing after half term, and long conversations with and ensuring they have Sen. Good luck.

Postitpete Sat 11-Feb-17 12:09:21

Hi, I've heard first hand that Slindon not great right now and I think there have sadly been several threads, not just on MN. Shame as ten years ago it had a really good reputation. Think you're wise to be cautious. Seafood College got good support dyslexia, ADHD etc, shoreham College also non selective. Morehouse over at Frencham very good. LVS Hassocks worth a look and I wouldn't dismiss St. anthony's in Chichester but you would need EHCP for sure.

boogiewoogiebaby Sun 05-Mar-17 18:14:17

Bredon School?

Daffodilcrazy Sun 12-Mar-17 19:08:44

does he have an EHCP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now