Talk

Advanced search

End of my tether.

(5 Posts)
MoominMamma3 Mon 16-Jan-17 21:11:19

DS is 6 and has ASD. Over the past few months his behaviour has become unbearable. He will not go to bed. I put him to bed around 7:30/8 and most nights and he gets out of bed dozens of times.

He is such hard work during the day I just want an hour or two in the evenings to myself. I'm considering asking his father to take him for a week or two but I'm not sure that'd help long term.

I love him to death but honestly, the increased intensity of his SEN is driving me to the brink

Trying2bgd Tue 24-Jan-17 21:28:41

flowers

I thought I would give this a bump to see if anyone can help. I don't have any advice but I think asking his father to help would at least give you a break to recover and recharge. I hope someone can give you more advice.

TheCakes Tue 24-Jan-17 21:36:11

I assume his dad doesn't live with you? Does he have contact? You really do need a break. My oldest can be really hard work.
They go to their dad's EOW. Awful as it sounds, I'm glad of the break sometimes.

Molly333 Tue 24-Jan-17 21:41:21

Have you contacted social care formally social services . They have a responsibility to support people in order that people's heath and we'll being is protected , what that means is that you may get a direct payment to help you buy in support eg a cleaner or someone to give you a break . It is an amazing amount of money available for everyone bought in under the care Act 2014, you need to ring your local council and ask for a carers assessment under the care Act. The council has a legal responsibility to do this for you x

RandomMess Tue 24-Jan-17 21:41:30

Does he struggle to sleep/not need much sleep?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now