Advanced search

Charlton greenwich primary schools on their SEND POLICIES

(4 Posts)
Brightcuckoo Wed 26-Oct-16 18:58:01

Hi parents! I am moving to Charlton near greenwich soon. My DS is on a autism spectrum with speech delay. I need to fill in the primary application form in january 2017 for my son. Have done the usual googling and visiting schools but don't actually know any other mums in this area and would REALLY appreciate any pearls of advice. Specifically, if you have a child in any of the following schools, would you let me know if/how happy you are with it? Charlton Manor, Cherry orchard, thorntree, Invicta, sherington, Fossedene. I am really confused with outstanding ofsted reports or good ofsted with highly motivated staff.
Can you please help in advising feedback on any of the above mentioned schools, & their day to day working with such children.
Many thanks in advance for reading this. Hoping to receive answers :-)

LadyConstanceDeCoverlet Sat 29-Oct-16 17:45:31

You really need to find out which schools you realistically stand a chance of getting your child into. If you want a popular school but don't live near it, there probably isn't much point putting it on your list because you would stand so little chance of getting it.

Unless and until your child has an Education Health and Care Plan you are dealing with standard school admission processes, and it could be worth getting further advice from the Primary Education board.

Brightcuckoo Mon 31-Oct-16 18:02:13

Thanks a million for replying Lady. My DS had already received an EHCP. In his current part-time nursery they said will be providing one-to-one individual support at the time of admission. But even after two months of joining in september 2016, they are not doing this. So, i want to be careful in joining a school and relying on parent feedback on schools. Can you suggest which one will be better between cherry orchard and charlton manor? Many thanks in advance again.

SerendipityPhenomenon Mon 31-Oct-16 18:28:48

Ah, that makes a difference - you have much more choice with an EHCP. I'm sorry, I don't know anything about schools in your area - maybe try the local boards?

If the EHCP provides specifically for 1:1 support and your son isn't getting it, you could enforce his right to it by threatening judicial review. Contact SOS SEN or IPSEA about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now