Talk

Advanced search

Organisation, how can I help.

(1 Post)
gillybeanz Mon 12-Sep-16 18:00:31

We are waiting for an assessment for ADD/ Aspergers possibly.

My dd organisational problems are holding her back, but at school she is having help for this.
However, at home no matter what I try I'm unable to get past being in the position of trying to shut the stable door after horse has bolted, for want of a better description.
Has anybody overcome this to help their child, and what did you do.

Had to cancel an orthodontist appointment today because she left her brace at school 20 miles away, so couldn't pick it up.

She took a pile of papers out of her bag to show us something, left the rest on the table. She went back to school leaving them on the table, hence her prep was completed in the pile.

These are just 2 examples of the daily things that happen that need to be organised.

She lost a shoe at school somewhere, can't find it and they were really expensive for me and not school shoes so a bit of a treat.

I'm at my wits end and really want to help her as I feel it will stop her reaching her potential, cost me lots of money in replacements for things, and more than likely get dd into trouble for the important school stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now