Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

dyslexia assessment what next

(2 Posts)
Uptownfuckuup Tue 03-Nov-15 22:08:40

so after a battle with the school about my dc and me thinking they have dyslexia/dyspraxia it has finally been realised that my dc does indeed have dyslexia ( i am going to the gp about the other concerns and dyspraxia).

so in front of me i have a piece of paper that the senco has done (he is also qualified to assess for dyslexia) it is a 'table of results' and it basically outlines his scores and his place on percentiles.

so what next ? does my dc then go on some type of register and a plan put in place to help or is this piece of paper it ? senco did say that they will have a meeting with dc teacher but what else should i expect ?

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Tue 03-Nov-15 22:22:19

Guess it depends on the school.

Dds school said "oh ok" and nothing else. That was primary.

When she started secondary I told the new school who said "that's nice" and heard nothing in the next three years until last week when they decided to assess her to see if she needs extra time in her GCSEs.

She's never had any plans, any help, any support. I asked the senco in year 7 who looked at me gone out and said I could remove her from normal classes and put her with the remedial kids if I wanted (she's in top sets but struggles with her dyslexia)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now