Advanced search

Dyslexia and EHCP

(3 Posts)
Mrsmoneyworries Sat 31-Oct-15 13:13:02

My DS is going to be transferred over from a statement very soon.

I know he'll be needing up to date assessments and am wondering if it's best to get an EP that specifically deals with children with Dyslexia or if I should just get a standard EP report - what would you do? Would a standard EP be able to advise on the Dyslexia side anyway?

DS also has PDA and ADHD.

GruntledOne Sat 31-Oct-15 14:47:25

What's the basis for getting your own EP report? From all I have heard LAs don't pay much, if any, attention to private reports anyway. It might be better to keep you powder dry for any appeal. If you do appeal, it would make sense to go for Lindsay Peer, but she is expensive.

Mrsmoneyworries Sun 01-Nov-15 11:14:45

The LA EP has purposely left DS's views out of a recent consultation with DS - there's a back story, but DS has not coped in mainstream secondary, but his biggest need is not wanting to stand out too! She came to have a chat with him, before they had a meeting to decide what to do with him.

Despite her saying numerous times to me, that she had concerns about his ability to cope in mainstream, she recommended he go back in to mainstream.

So basically, I wanted an honest report, rather than what the LA want the EP to say.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: