Talk

Advanced search

anyone know a reason for very low comprehension score (25th centile) on WISC?

(3 Posts)
nonicknameseemsavailable Tue 18-Mar-14 14:00:57

I know of the aspergers one but that is all I can find online and I really don't feel it applies to DD. Her other Verbal scores were 75th centile for Vocabulary and 91st centile for Similarities (and then 75 and 95 for the 2 scores that aren't used). Her PRI score was very high, her WMI was very high and her PSI was Coding 63rd centile , Symbol Search 75th centile and cancellation which doesn't count was 91st centile (she had her irlen glasses on for that one - we had forgotten about them until then because with tests not involving reading it hadn't occurred to me so that could explain why that score was much higher)

Any suggestions? 25th centile seems extremely low when her other cetiles were all above 75 and many were above 90.

Grace1909 Sat 22-Mar-14 09:27:12

You have obviously investigated visual processing deficits since Irlen glasses are mentioned but have you investigated auditory processing deficits too

nonicknameseemsavailable Sat 22-Mar-14 22:11:28

thanks for your reply.

Since I posted this I have established from DD that she struggles to say what she wants to, the sounds she wants to say come out as different ones and she says she sometimes doesn't understand what people say to her. There could be an auditory processing problem although if you say sounds to her she manages to say them fine, when she reads them she has problems. We were wondering some sort of language processing disorder. I have got a private SALT appointment for later this week so hopefully they might be able to shed some light on it. It just seemed SO low compared to her other scores that I think it must indicate some sort of processing problem. I was just reading about things like receiving and expressive language problems and it is all so complicated. It has to be something like that doesn't it.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now