Advanced search

what help is my son entitled to?

(1 Post)
tidb1984 Tue 08-Oct-13 09:53:12

My son is 6 years old. Hes has been seeing a speech therapist since he was 2 1/2. He got diagnosed with glue ear but that cleared up withina year. His speech is still badly affected and some things he says you still cant understand. He has started with nervous twitches now too :'( it is really affecting his school work, he is so far behind. School have put him on the special needs register so he can have extra help. All they have stated he is having is 15 min twice a week with a ta. Only hes only done it with her once since we've been back after summer. They are also supposed to read everyday with him but its usually 3 times. I have now hired a private tutor who is actually helping him and has taught him more in 6 week than school have on 2 years. I really need to know what help hes entitled to and if he should be having someone going into school occasionally to help him instead of a TA. Because if this one TA is off ill they dont replace her

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now