Talk

Advanced search

using an ipad or tablet for a dyspraxic child in school

(3 Posts)
CatMarwood Sun 23-Sep-12 20:29:41

I have a 6 year old boy who has seen an educational psychologist. She has said he is probably dyspraxic but doesn't want to rule out developmental delay. One of his main problems is with writing due to great difficulty in forming the letters on paper and remembering which way round they go! This means his writing is very slow and he can't put down any ideas on paper. I think he would find a laptop fiddly to use and may find an ipad or tablet easier. Has anyone tried this with their child and if so are there any specific android programmes?

lac13ma1 Tue 25-Sep-12 07:24:01

I have heard that they are good, In my daughters school they use ipads/ipods in every class anyway. Not really sure what programms they use. But yes i agree laptops are a bit fiddly.

CatMarwood Wed 26-Sep-12 13:11:08

Hi lac13ma1, thanks for the reply. I'm planning on pursing this and hope the school agrees to let him try. As he's only in year 2 they may ask to wait until he's older, but my understanding is that with dyspraxic children the sooner they learn to type the better. My only other thought is whether it is easier to hit a keypad or a touch screen! I suppose we may just have to try and see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now