Talk

Advanced search

SENCO forum anyone?

(10 Posts)
KatieMcFlightly Sun 07-Aug-11 21:13:22

Hi there, does anyone know of any forums for SENCOs? Somewhere to have a natter, bit like MN but SENCONET type of thing. I've tried Google and haven't found much.
Thanks

maverick Sun 07-Aug-11 22:11:02

lists.education.gov.uk/mailman/listinfo/senco-forum

HTH

KatieMcFlightly Mon 08-Aug-11 06:57:13

Thanks Maverick. I'd found that one but can't work out how to use it blush. I've registered but can't seem to get in although I had an email this morning. I'm not too keen on it as it doesn't allow anonymity and is open to all to read from what I can see.

ProfessionallyOffendedGoblin Mon 08-Aug-11 07:16:52

Why not pm mrz on this forum?
She's most likely to know.

redlocks28 Mon 14-Sep-15 21:29:49

I know this is a very old thread, but I was wondering the same thing as the OP.

Are there any other Sencos on here? Is there a Senco forum somewhere as the TES one seems to be well and truly deserted!

Riv Thu 24-Sep-15 19:28:03

The new tes website has a special educational needs forum that seems to cater for SENCOs. The old special ed one was fairly active - not sure about the SENCO one though.
The SENCO forum (ex Becta) does work through e-mail and is quite public.

QueenofLouisiana Sat 26-Sep-15 20:21:26

I'm a SENCO- it can be a very lonely job!

Redlocks28 Sat 26-Sep-15 20:53:48

I've just been onto the new TES website and had a peek-it's still very quiet!

QueenofLouisiana-tell me about your job! What do you like/love/hate!?

Redlocks28 Sat 26-Sep-15 20:57:34

I've only just started the job and am veering between enjoying the new role and being bloody terrified that I don't know anything! I've been teaching for a very long time, but this is just so different and I don't know where to start. I want a planner of what I need to do and when!

Getting an Ofsted call terrifies me as well as I don't know what they'll expect to see. I am hoping I can get my head round things a bit before they show up!

Any tips would be most welcome!

zenamartin Fri 26-Feb-16 14:14:34

Try www.inclusivelearningnorth.co.uk
We have SEND Forums around the north, if that's any help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now