Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

worrying that daughter is autistic

(3 Posts)
cariadgirl Wed 01-Nov-17 10:40:56

i'm starting to worry that my daughter is showing signs of autism, she is 28 months and only has about 4/5 words that she doesn't say well, doesn't play with other children in playgroup, doesn't always respond to her name, although I'm sure she can hear just fine. she likes to do what she wants to do and gets upset, often for no or little reason and can't be consoled. when playing with toys, she's more interested in parts or how its put together, any toy sets or toys of a similar type she arranges neatly. for the most part she seems happy, active, climbing on all furniture. does this sound like i should be concerned? any advice would be much appreciated

JoWithABow Thu 02-Nov-17 10:05:20

Have you spoken to a health visitor or anyone about this? I think that would be my first port of call to see what they say.

cariadgirl Fri 03-Nov-17 18:03:05

hv is coming in a couple of weeks, hopefully she can get a hearing test sorted, could be a hearing prob although i haven't noticed any.
its just worrying that even dd understanding is slow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now