Talk

Advanced search

Women Should get PAID MENSTRUAL LEAVE EVERY MONTH, you can make it happen! Sign the PETITION NOW!

(8 Posts)
ADV: Yoko Sat 15-Apr-17 03:50:23

The government of the United Kingdom should implement a law that enforces the paid menstrual leave policy so that women who experience menstrual pains would be granted paid leaves by their employers. Sign the PETITION NOW! petition.parliament.uk/petitions/194189

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Sat 15-Apr-17 03:53:14

No thanks

HateSummer Sat 15-Apr-17 03:56:57

Erm. I don't the world and his wife to know when I'm leaking blood thanks confused😱 especially my work colleagues.

Tobolsk Sat 15-Apr-17 04:40:48

No thanks, I am fighting for workplace equality.

Yoko6583 Sat 15-Apr-17 04:44:05

Most women are often uncomfortable telling their colleagues or managers that they are menstruating. Menstrual pains can often meddle with daily activities and reduce the output of workers just as an ailment or flu would. Policies that grant female workers paid sick leaves would help to solve these problems.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sat 15-Apr-17 04:45:20

Another reason for employers not to take on women of childbearing age

HateSummer Sat 15-Apr-17 04:47:44

Most women are often uncomfortable telling their colleagues or managers that they are menstruating

Yes exactly, so why do you think having specifically named "menstrual leave" will make it any better for these women? confused

Yoko6583 Sat 15-Apr-17 05:04:03

Women are already taking days off because of menstrual pains, but the new law would allow them to do so without using sick leaves or other permits. Nike and a few other private enterprises have introduced paid menstrual leave policies for their female staffs. Also, parts of South Korea, Japan, and China already have similar policies for their female workers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now