Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Sling for newborn

(7 Posts)
upsydaisysexstylist Sun 01-Nov-09 23:23:44

Hi I'm expecting our dc2 in June, by which time ds1 will be 2yrs3mnth and I really don't want a double buggy, as he ain't all that keen on staying in a pram now. do any of you kind ladies have experience of slinging with a buggy in tow and what sling would you recomend for a newborn. I have a pouch sling but its unlined and a baby born type sling which I found pretty uncomfortable

MoominOnABroomstick Mon 02-Nov-09 00:06:48

You should find this site helpful.

A stretchy wrap such as a Moby or a Kari-Me would be a good option, or a carrier which mimics the effect of a stretchy wrap, such as a Close.

I had a pouch and liked it very much, but it was made of fleece so it was very cuddly.

dangskuLLANDBoneym Mon 02-Nov-09 23:34:53

It is doable (I know this not because I have two DCs but because I used to set out with buggy, only to return home with empty buggy + slung baby). And I've seen lots of people do it.

But it can be a little awkward - I find the buggy is further away from me which means a bit of stooping and stretching to reach the handle, and a bit more oomph needed for pushing.

And personally I would say use a two-shouldered carrier rather than a pouch.

Some talented people can manage completely hands-free carries with pouch or ring-sling, but those of us who are mere mortals blush need to have a steadying hand available at short notice for a one-shouldered carry.

Which can be a bit tricky if you're trying to hold the buggy with two hands while trying to do a 20-point-turn to escape from a cramped lift.

Good luck - let us know what you choose! smile

<wave back to Moomin>

LeninGuy Mon 02-Nov-09 23:38:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LeninGuy Mon 02-Nov-09 23:42:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ramblingmum Tue 03-Nov-09 19:01:16

I did this with my dds now 3years and 6 months. I mainly used a Moby wrap, which spread the weight well and felt very secure. I would put it on before I went out even is dd1 was walking and dd2 in the pushchair. I am now finding her big to have on my front so I am using a Ergo for back carries.

upsydaisysexstylist Wed 04-Nov-09 20:27:37

Thanks for all the advice, think a moby might be the way to go as I can share with my other half and am kind of hoping they will share the pram next winter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now