Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What do veteran sling wearers think of this?

(12 Posts)
BrokenBananaTantrum Sun 11-Oct-09 19:24:02

I have a baby bjorn carrier but saw this What do people think is it worth £85?

VirginiaLoveGlove Sun 11-Oct-09 19:28:49

it look effin horrible, sorry. and undoubtedly a waste of good money, uncomfortable for you and probably unsafe for your child.

go with a connecta instead. it has lots of v good reviews on mumsnet too.

BloodRedTulips Sun 11-Oct-09 19:35:36

i have a pouch sling and neither of the boys would tolerate lying down in it past about 3 months old so i can't imagine that contraption getting much use.

get a pouch sling for the first few months and then switch to something like this after 4 months or so

BrokenBananaTantrum Sun 11-Oct-09 19:43:39

Do you think the baby bjorn sling is crap too? i had it with DD1 but i'm thinking maybe i need to swap it for one of the 2 mentioned above.

VirginiaLoveGlove Sun 11-Oct-09 19:47:13

BB is crap too. sorry

lucyflawless Sun 11-Oct-09 19:48:13

Gosh that does look really uncomfortable - the centre of gravity looks all wrong.

I also had a Baby Bjorn with DD1 but struggled past 12lbs. Just put too much strain on my back. I tried a primaxx thing which was even worse.

I think I'm going to try a Moby for DS2 due in a few weeks.

BloodRedTulips Sun 11-Oct-09 19:52:48

have to agree, i never got on with those types of front carrier, i had one when ds1 was tiny and even as a newborn my back ached... ds2 is 8 months and still really confortable to carry in the angelpack i have, his weight is held against my body in such a way that it doesn't pull me forwards or add pressure to my spine

VirginiaLoveGlove Sun 11-Oct-09 20:05:41

With the connecta or angel pack, you'd be able to carry a toddler without doing your back in and be comfy at the same time.

The Red carrier which my 2st 10 lb toddler is in is similar to those mentioned above. it is a Mei tai. it has straps instead of buckles.

BrokenBananaTantrum Sun 11-Oct-09 20:36:28

I like all these slings that you have suggested. Will have to do a bit more research into this

Thanks for all your suggestions

browny Thu 15-Oct-09 00:00:38

These are very comfortable too:

www.kozycarrier.homestead.com/

newlark Mon 19-Oct-09 21:29:15

shock that looks really uncomfortable for the mother the way the baby is hanging away from her body.

There is a new website called slingguide which is worth looking at to get a feel for the range of carriers.

MoominOnABroomstick Tue 27-Oct-09 17:58:18

Ooh, that looks awful. I wouldn't pay 85p for it. You'll find links to lots of comfortable slings on Sling Guide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now