Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help me with my pouch sling and my moby please.

(13 Posts)
suwoo Fri 25-Sep-09 14:49:03

Have just bought a pouch sling but think its too big, it hangs lower than the pictures. I would never be able to breastfeed in it as my boobs aren't down by my waist, thankfully. I have added photos to my profile and would appreciate opinions.

I have a moby too and prefer that as DS (8lb 11) feels more secure in it. I only wear it for 30 mins or so at a time and DS always gets lower and lower until he is sort of hanging down all scrunched up with his legs up level with his head.

Please help me get the most out of my investments smile

Pinkjenny Fri 25-Sep-09 14:50:27

Can you not adjust your pouch sling so it's tighter? <clueless>

Tambajam Fri 25-Sep-09 14:54:20

How new is the pouch sling? Any chance you could exchange for a smaller size? Or perhaps you could find someone to do an alteration for you and take the seam apart and remove some fabric and put it back together?
With the moby you've got to put it on crazily tightily. Like really breathe in when you make the final adjustments and do the final tie. Have you checked out the different positions on the website and played around with alternatives.
www.mobywrap.com/t-instructions.aspx

thisisyesterday Fri 25-Sep-09 15:00:38

moby need to be tighter by the sound of it.
it shouldbe nice and snug to start with, you can always loosen it a bit if it'stoo snug. but keep it nice and tight. it should be snug enough that baby's back is kept nice and straight

thisisyesterday Fri 25-Sep-09 15:02:34

agree, the pouch does seem to hang very low. but i'm no expert in them as never got on with them!

i would see if you can return and
exchange it perhaps?

suwoo Fri 25-Sep-09 16:03:03

PJ, the pouch isn't adjustable wink.

It can't go back as DS did a little bit of sick in it! They have offered me one for half price though so might sell it on here and do that. What in peoples opinions is the best position for a little baby in the moby?

BeingMother Sat 26-Sep-09 14:18:47

you can do a cradle hold in the moby which is suitable for newborns. I usually have mine in the newborn hug hold though, as he seems to enjoy being held upright.

ramblingmum Mon 28-Sep-09 10:46:24

If you are struggling to get the tension right with the moby then using the instructions for kangaroo care can be useful as this means you can tighten it with the baby in. They do tend to stretch a bit when new or newly washed.

MrsBadger Mon 28-Sep-09 11:28:13

if you still can't figure out the Moby, ditch the pouch and get a smaller one - I had to do this as it's almost impossible to guess at post-birth size while still pg

BertieBotts Mon 28-Sep-09 11:39:58

You need to tighten the moby so it feels snug without the baby in - do it tighter than you think. Then squeeze them in and they should be really secure up high. You should be able to kiss his head without moving too far, and the bottom of his bum should always at all times be higher than your tummybutton. I like the upright newborn hug hold. But I think the cradle hold is easier to feed in, not sure.

browny Mon 28-Sep-09 23:40:39

Hi, the pouch is definately too big, when your baby is in it, the pouch should be level with your bellybutton, you need to measure from the top of your shoulder, across your body to the top of your hip, then look at the website you're buying from to find out which size to buy.

I found my Coorie pouch from www.brightsparkslings.co.uk so comfortable and wore it until my dd3 was 6 months old, she loved the cradle position so much! I'm in love with my Connecta baby carrier now, from www.connectababy.co.uk, you can wear your baby from birth in it too HTH

suwoo Tue 29-Sep-09 23:33:20

I did measure, and when it arrived I double checked my measurements again and they were right. Think I'll have a practice tomorrow with tying the moby really tight.

browny Wed 30-Sep-09 11:06:46

That's really strange then, think my Coorie pouch is a size 2, I'm around a size 12 and 5' 6" tall if that helps at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now