Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

which sling should I use?

(5 Posts)
octopusinabox Sat 19-Sep-09 12:50:19

My baby is now nearly 9 months old and quite heavy. At this point with my first baby I stopped using slings as she was just too heavy to carry on my front but too small for my back. I now have some new slings so am not sure which to use if any?

I have a babyhawk, moby d and a wilkinet. So which sling/position would you recommend please?

Also, what was the youngest age you had your baby on your back and did you need help to get them there? How do you check they're ok back there?? (I've used my babyhawk with my eldest but she was a toddler by then and able to talk to me)

Thanks

Wiggletastic Sun 20-Sep-09 09:17:24

Our DD is 11 months and I still carry her on the front in a gauze wrap or a mai tai. Not brave enough yet to try her on my back.

The Naturalmamas forum might be a good place to ask for advice.

Also, have you been to a Slingmeet? There are usually experienced mums there and a selection of slings/carriers to try and help with practicing different positions etc.

misdee Sun 20-Sep-09 09:27:46

i have been carrying dd4 on my back since she was 6months old. she is now 11months old. i do love front carries as well.

the moby d wont work aS ITS A STRETCHY, ITS BEST TO USE A woven wrap for back carries.

you can back carry with the babyhawk.

lots of practise in front of mirrors and with a spotter til lyou get the hang of it.

octopusinabox Mon 21-Sep-09 09:49:16

thanks both
I'll have to try the babyhawk with help. I've heard of the slingmeets but don't know where to find out abut them (will google) and will also have a look at that website too.

Wiggletastic Mon 21-Sep-09 17:35:43

There are videos on Youtube of different carrying positions with different carriers and how to do them so that might be worth a look too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now