Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Has anyone tried the Manduca - or similar structed soft carrier?

(2 Posts)
KiwiPanda Thu 10-Sep-09 18:12:10

DD is 8 1/2 months, has mainly been carried in BabyBjorn so far (she's not very heavy and we've just got the normal one) but we're starting to feel the strain!

I've never got on with the length-of-material style wraps and want something that both DH and I can use and that doesn't need tying.

The Manduca looks great and I tried it briefly in a shop today (though obviously hard to tell much for such a short try) and it was really comfy, weight on hips rather than shoulders which is a revelation after 8 1/2 months of baby bjorn!

BUT my only concern is that DD can't be carried in teh facing outwards position. I'm torn because I know the baby b in this position isn't great for them, but on the other hand she really loves facing out to the world and being able to see what's going on and I'm a bit concerned she won't like facing me all the time.

I see on teh website it can be used on hip but can't see any pictures of this so don't know if this would be a good substitute position?

Bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 10-Sep-09 18:28:44

Hello I have this a similar soft carrier and carry dd now 11 months very comfortably front or back, she can look around still on the front and on the back I can get on with things, kneel down, cook etc much more easily than when she is on the front.

So i reccomend this type of carrier as easy and comfortable to wear while still balancing your dc's weight properly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now