Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Making my own wrap- any tips?

(5 Posts)
Thandeka Sun 06-Sep-09 14:52:30

Am expecting my first born in feb and looking at slings and wraps - can see how easy it is to get addicted to it all! But read about a fellow Mnetter who made her own wrap out of stretchy jersey material (which is basically all a wrap is!).

So am thinking about having a play with some fabric from ebay as i can do it for £10 instead of £50!

So I think I need at least 5.5m apparently but what width?
Any tips?

ramblingmum Mon 07-Sep-09 21:19:41

Hi I have a moby( stretchy) wrap, it is about 60cm wide for most of its length. It tapers off at each end, starting about a meter in, to make it easier to tie. It is then folded in half to use. I hope this helps

puddock Fri 11-Sep-09 10:51:43

Lots of links to patterns for make-your-own slings here:
http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/index.html
and some specific ones for a simple-piece-of-cloth wrap here:
http://wearyourbaby.com/Default.aspx?tabid=121

Not wanting to discourage you, but - can you really get 5m of good quality jersey for a tenner? I looked around but found that in many cases the fabric would be dearer than the wrap (second hand), and that's without the time it takes to hem it etc. You can pick up a used Moby / Kari-Me etc for £20-£25.

paisleyleaf Fri 11-Sep-09 10:56:15

Someone brought me back some gorgeous fabrics from India. Not jersey, but woven strong.
I looked up info online - it's out there, but I've not saved it, so worth googling.
I tied it like a didymos.

paisleyleaf Fri 11-Sep-09 10:57:28

Oh you know who'd be able to help you? That website where they talked about the prison on wheels....natural mamas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now