Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

back carrying sling - help needed

(10 Posts)
moomaa Thu 03-Sep-09 17:50:46

I've been increasingly using my front carrying baby bjorn carrier for my 14 month old as I want to be able to hold my toddlers hand and don't want the faff of a push chair.

She is about 9kg/20lb.

I saw someone with a very cool carrier which put their baby on their back, looking like they were having a piggy back. It had a hood to support the baby's head when they fell asleep.

Any ideas of where I can look for such a thing?

thisisyesterday Thu 03-Sep-09 17:58:35

sasaslings.co.uk
bigmamaslings.co.uk

omgidbi Thu 03-Sep-09 18:18:07

Sounds like the Ergo Baby Carrier which I have and absolutely LOVE, Baby Bean also do the Connecta carrier which is similar but perhaps less supportive.

Lastyearsmodel Thu 03-Sep-09 18:21:49

Try the Beco Butterfly - very fab.

moomaa Thu 03-Sep-09 19:48:24

That Beco butterfly comes in gorgeous patterns, but I think I like the look of the more structured ones, like the Ergo. Anyone got a Yamo, that looks good.

I wasn't expecting so much choice! The baby bjorn might be going on ebay to help fund a new purchase

Thank you, that is really useful. I'd love to hear any more personal recommendations, and why you like the one you have. I am worried about all the weight going on my lower back, rather than accross my whole back.

Loopymumsy Thu 03-Sep-09 21:15:35

Message withdrawn

haventsleptforayear Thu 03-Sep-09 21:24:37

I have a great Kozy

which was used for two babies and still going strong.

I wore DS2 (2.5 now) at a festival 3 days running and didn't have back-ache.

I am not a strong person!!!

DH finds this carrier pulls his back into line or something...

Tangle Thu 03-Sep-09 22:13:40

I can'd advise on buckle carriers (I'm a knot girl myself ), but you might want to have a look around the Natural Mamas FSOT page or the UKbabywearingSWAP mailgroup - you can find some complete bargains, and save a significant proportion of the new price. I bought all 3 of my current slings through boards like these (I also used TheBabyWearer - masses of info but US based so fewer bargains till the $ rate improves) - 1 was still in its box and the other 2 are well loved but with plenty of life left.

Its also worth keeping an eye on Slingmeet - if you can get to one then you'd have a chance to play with a selection of carriers in person, which could give you a much better idea of what would work for you.

Happy shopping

moomaa Thu 03-Sep-09 23:02:40

Thanks guys. I have emailed a lady about a sling meet and I have lots of web sites ot look at now

Lastyearsmodel Fri 04-Sep-09 14:14:42

The Beco is pretty structured when you see the whole thing - the woman who designed them is a climber, so all the straps are in the right place, comfy and secure. Good luck find the right one for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now