Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

sling recommendations for mums with big boobs!

(7 Posts)
browntrout Wed 02-Sep-09 21:17:11

am thinking about getting one of these;

corrie fleece

I have never used a sling before however, from reading the threads in this topic I thought this one looked quite good and supportive. Has anyone with big boobs tried it and is it ok? If not, can anyone suggest a better alternative? They get in the way of so many things and I would rather do the research in advance!

thanks so much

newlark Wed 02-Sep-09 22:23:17

I have recently got one of these - my dcs are older and it is great for quick up and down hip carries but as the fleece has some stretch it did sag a bit after a while so I wouldn't carry a heavier child for long. I do have a large chest and found it comfortable to wear but I have to say I haven't had a problem with any of my slings - wraps, a mei-tai and a patapum - and two shouldered carries are much more supportive and comfortable in my experience

browntrout Thu 03-Sep-09 07:44:43

thanks newlark. I don't plan to do it for too long - more to keep my hands free for chasing after DD1 whilst the new one is small! Think will give it a go. Everyone on here seems to have at least 3 slings so I can always upgrade smile

newlark Thu 03-Sep-09 10:17:18

Just one tip on the pouches - check the size chart/measurements carefully - if it is too big the baby won't feel secure and it will hurt your back (though if too small the baby won't fit in!) - I am a size 14/16ish on top and the small is about the right size (they don't seem to have size labels but I was told mine was a small by the person I bought it from)...

newlark Thu 03-Sep-09 10:21:28

Oh and once the baby is a bit bigger it is well worth getting something you can use on your back like a mei-tai or wrap so you don't have an obstruction in front of you - now my older one is potty training I would struggle with sorting her out if ds was on my front. It is also much easier to do jobs around the house like sorting laundry with a bigger baby on your back instead of your front

ZippysMum Thu 03-Sep-09 10:22:03

Hi Browntrout,
I was lent one of these but it really didn't fit over my bbs!! It also felt rather insecure - the 'pouch' didn't feel very 'deep' - like the baby might fall out when you lean over.
We have gone for the Close baby sling, which goes over both shoulders and feels really comfy and secure for both me and DH (though should add the caveat that we have only tried it with a cuddly zebra as we are still waiting for the twins to arrive) wink.
We did manage to get 2nd hand, though, as the Close sling is expensive.

browntrout Thu 03-Sep-09 14:57:33

Zippysmum - thanks for that, I will check the Close one out. Just another area for me to be confused about! Good luck with your twins smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now