Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Thinking of getting a Moby sling - any thoughts - or what did you have and love?

(16 Posts)
Minicooper Sun 30-Aug-09 19:31:00

Dd had a baby bjorn, but didn't like it til much older, suspect she'd have loved a sling. Moby or Kari me seem my faves at the moment - anyone with any experience or either?

Wonderstuff Sun 30-Aug-09 19:38:55

I loved my Moby. So lovely to have dd snuggled up to me, allowed me to do a few things because she had to be carried everywhere when she was tiny. Much easier on your back than baby bjorn. Used it till she was a year old I think. Bigmamaslings is a good site, lots of info on all the different types of slings. Also worth checking out utube as some good videos of people tying the slings.

Minicooper Tue 01-Sep-09 19:34:35

Thanks, wonderstuff - that's what I was wanting to hear! Anyone else? Also, can you only order online or can I try it somewhere before I buy???

BlueChampagne Wed 02-Sep-09 15:43:01

I got on really well with the Wilkinet, which can be used from birth. There are slingmeets so you can meet people with different sorts of slings and try them on. Try here: www.slingmeet.co.uk/

McDreamy Wed 02-Sep-09 15:45:16

I love my Moby! Was lovely when DD was tiny. She's now 6 months and I need to check out the different ways to carry her as we haven't used it much recently - but that's more me than the sling!

cyteen Wed 02-Sep-09 15:47:26

Another fan of the Moby here, DS and I both loved it Second everything that Wonderstuff said. I also had a Wilkinet for a bit and it was good when DS was tiny, but since he quickly grew into an enormous leadweight baby I found it didn't cope too well past the first few weeks.

I've just lent my Moby to another mum and she is impressed by the softness grin

McDreamy Wed 02-Sep-09 15:48:46

I also had a this hotsling which was great for popping her in and out when doing the school run and popping to the shops in the car.

newlark Wed 02-Sep-09 22:33:21

I had a stretchy wrap similar to a moby and it was fantastic - I moved on to a woven wrap at 5/6 mths but Moby types are fab for newborns.

omgidbi Thu 03-Sep-09 11:43:08

I loved my Moby Wrap, it's just fabulous for little ones. I've just had a new discount code for www.Baby-Bean.com where I bought mine - 10% off with the code FOPTA at checkout.

Minicooper Fri 04-Sep-09 19:30:04

Thanks, ladies, some good tips here. Would I be better with a woven sling - would that last longer (in terms of carrying the lo) or are they not as good with newborns? Also, the Moby D suggests it can be used with toddlers - has anyone experience of that???

Minicooper Fri 04-Sep-09 19:30:53

Thanks, ladies, some good tips here. Would I be better with a woven sling - would that last longer (in terms of carrying the lo) or are they not as good with newborns? Also, the Moby D suggests it can be used with toddlers - has anyone experience of that???

pleasechange Fri 04-Sep-09 19:36:08

mini - the benefit of a stretchy type sling like moby is that you can pre-tie and then pop the baby in and out. My understanding is that with a woven, you tie the sling around the baby and so wouldn't really be able to pop in and out. From what I've heard, a stretchy wrap is probably easier to get used to as well, so maybe best to start with this before moving on to a woven if you like it (and the moby type slings are much cheaper to start with to see if you like them). The resale is good as well - I think I bought mine for £25 new and sold for £18 or something like that

Stokey Wed 23-Sep-09 08:31:11

Mini don't know where you are but there is a shop near me - London, Stoke Newington - called Born on Church St that has a variety of slings including the Moby that they will happily demonstrate for you

tiftof Wed 23-Sep-09 12:51:25

Hello, I've been using theBabaSling. I've used it from birth and it’s really great. It’s a hammock style with a simple to use buckle to remove which means you can take it off without disturbing you little one. Also it’s the longest lasting sling I've found in any shop. I can use it until ds is a toddler. Another important factor is I can breastfeed in it while on the go! I actually got a feed in while strolling round the supermarket and no one was none the wiser as it’s perfectly discreet! wink I'm really enjoying using mine and think that carrying is really freeing.

Vronsky Sat 26-Sep-09 21:40:03

Message withdrawn

ripcow Sun 04-Oct-09 14:44:00

Thanks for the code omgidbi - got me a bargain there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now