Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Found an AmyCoe sling in TKMaxx - any good?

(8 Posts)
Gentleness Tue 25-Aug-09 21:46:49

I bought it because it was such a good price/reduction, but are they any good? Anyone used one before?

Tried it on and even though it was the L/XL size there didn't seem to be heaps of room in there for the big teddy I hijacked into service - mind you, I'm not a flat chested woman even when not pg!

I have 14 days to return it, and the baby is due in 14 days, so I'd better make a decision quick I suppose...

Tangle Wed 26-Aug-09 09:02:04

I haven't used one, but from what I can see its made by Peanut Shell and, from reading around, they seem to have a good name for slings of this type.

If you're worried about fit you might want to join the forum on www.naturalmamas.co.uk where there are a lot of very experienced and helpful baby wearers.

Hope the next few weeks pass smoothly for you

ButtercupWafflehead Wed 26-Aug-09 13:38:13

found you some reviews here

Gentleness Wed 26-Aug-09 16:50:31

Thanks! I saw those reviews, but they are all US based and I was wondering why I could find nothing UK based at all...

I'd not even been considering a pouch style sling, as my primary experience with baby-wearing is in Zambia where women just get a length of cotton cloth and wrap and tie. I think I was bewitched by the supposed reduction from £46 down to £17 and thought it was worth a go...

Doesn't seem like these slings have been a winner over here at all - wonder why?

Gentleness Wed 26-Aug-09 16:54:42

Ok - now I feel a fool! Tangle is right - but it is not only MADE by Peanut Shell, I think it is basically a Peanut Shell sling. Amy Coe must be some kind of celeb who just chose the fabric - looks exactly like every other Peanut Shell pouch sling!

So - to change my question - does anyone else have any advice on using a Peanut Shell sling?

tattycoram Wed 26-Aug-09 16:57:06

It looks like the pouch sling I had and absolutely loved. However, it does need to fit really well to be useful - here is a guide to what size you should have.

www.brightsparkslings.co.uk/wearing.htm

It needs to be quite high up, the guide there says well above your navel, otherwise the baby won't be secure. Do try it, I had both a pouch sling and a wraparound and used them for different things - wraparound for long days out, pouch for nipping out to corner shop etc. We used to go to parties when ds was tiny and he would snooze away in the pouch too

MoominMymbleandMy Thu 27-Aug-09 01:32:49

I had a pouch sling and loved it when my DS was tiny, chiefly for pottering around the house, but I did use it outdoors a few times as well.

But tattycoram is right, it does have to be the correct size for you or it won't be comfortable.

Mine was made to measure by a UK WAHM and cost about £18.

mumskullface Thu 22-Oct-09 21:50:51

Gentleness, have you tried the sling yet, how did you find it? I picked one of these up in TKMaxx today for £12.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now