Talk

Advanced search

Toddler carrier - Tula?

(5 Posts)
Pitapotamus Tue 15-Jan-19 19:58:42

I use the ergobaby omni every day for my now 18 month old and I’m dreading the day he grows out of it. They say they go up to preschool age but they clearly don’t!

I’m looking into toddler slings which aren’t framed backpacks and the Tula looks good. My DS likes to be able to have his arms out rather than tucked away. Is that possible with the Tula? All the advertising photos are of smaller children with the carrier going right up over the shoulders...

Also, any other recommendations for similar style carriers? And if anyone knows the best place to look for second hand ones - I’ve tried Facebook marketplace with no luck.

Also, for anyone who’s got this far, I’m going to a v hot country in October so any recommendations for a carrier that’s good in the heat would be appreciated too!

slingspot Sun 20-Jan-19 18:26:00

Hello; most 2-3yo can get their arms out of toddler carriers just fine as they tend to be wider at the top for that very reason. you can get toddler Tulas with "coast" mesh - and they tend to be wider and not as tall as some full on toddler carriers. Younger toddlers may like the Isara Toddler carrier as that has an adjustable height panel so you can control the height a bit more. Toddler Sleepy Nico is nice and soft, has a tall panel, and the Beco Toddler Cool is the lightest but still very sturdy (and tall!) do you have a local sling library?
your ergo omni with the panel folded its full height will still be safe for some time yet if he is only 18months.
Hope that helps!

Pitapotamus Sun 20-Jan-19 19:38:49

I haven’t folded the panel up on the ergo - didn’t realise that I should do that. I’ll give that a go and see if it looks less like he’s going to climb out!

I have a local sling library but it clashes with something else and so I can never actually go!

slingspot Sun 20-Jan-19 20:49:50

There are a few postal libraries around... including mine! but try the raised panel first (and there is a hood in there too if he falls asleep!)

Pitapotamus Sun 20-Jan-19 21:32:10

Ooo, that’s interesting. How much do you charge to let someone try a toddler Tula?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »