Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Ergobaby 360 - clothing to keep warm

(7 Posts)
bellagrace Thu 08-Feb-18 17:04:37

What do you dress your baby in to keep warm when using a carrier? I’ve been using bjorn carrier and dressing DD (10 weeks) in a snowsuit but I have an ergobaby 360 arriving tomorrow and I don’t want to put her in a bulky snowsuit as it seems to defeat the object of having her hips in the right position. However, I live in the middle of nowhere in chilly North Yorkshire so I’m worried about keeping her warm enough when I go out for the daily dog walk with her.

Any advice gratefully received! smile

SignoraStronza Thu 08-Feb-18 17:09:48

I've got one of these in black wool, although mine are too old for slinging now.

Ven83 Thu 08-Feb-18 17:26:02

I have an Ergobaby 360, it's a great carrier - so much better than babybjorn.

I wear it under my coat and don't dress DS in any special way, that is, I just pop him in the way he's dressed for home + a hat. His arms and legs go under my coat. For really cold and windy days I wrap a fleece blanket around him. But if you have a flowy cardigan or poncho, that would also work well. They get really toasty in there pressed against us.

Cheeseandwineandgin Thu 08-Feb-18 19:21:54

Ergo do covers for their carriers. I've got a fleece lined waterproof one. Live in freezing scotland. Just dress baby in normal clothes. It's a great carrier.

bellagrace Thu 08-Feb-18 21:14:28

Ooh, winter cover looks ideal! I had only seen the rain cover before. Thanks for the tip! Xxx

Cheeseandwineandgin Thu 08-Feb-18 21:25:18

It really does keep them cosy. Xx

REW2016 Sat 24-Mar-18 15:19:16

The Tuppence & Crumblestar shaped fleeces are great for this. Snowsuits/pramsuits are not recommended in a sling.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: