Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

slings when pregnant

(4 Posts)
woollysocksaresexy Thu 18-May-17 14:11:21

I'm newly pg with no.3, and was wondering if there was anyway that I would be able to use my ergo for no. 2 while I am pregnant? It would be handy to help wean her off the buggy I think. She is very dinky, so normallly weight would not be a problem, (PGP aside), but how do I manage it with the bump?
Thanks!

breadwidow Sun 21-May-17 20:19:47

Tricky as waist band will be where the bump is. Plenty of women use slings when pregnant, esp for back carrying but You need a carrier without a waist band (an 'onbu') or one where you can more easily post the waist above your bump (I think the connecta is better for this and lots favour woven wraps)

Kimber2 Thu 20-Jul-17 20:26:22

Avoid anything that puts your toddler's weight on your belly, for obvious reasons. Two shouldered back carriers are ideal instead. Don't wear a carrier that makes your back compensate. It's just not worth it! Remember that your toddler babywearing will start to subside when the new baby comes along.
However, q recommended carrier for pregnancy is a Podaegi. Its a Korean back carrier, a rectangular panel of fabric with two shoulder straps that cross under the bottom and can be looped back through the shoulders to tie at the chest.

NoodieRoodie Thu 20-Jul-17 20:42:16

If you're used to carrying you should be able to carry on, like anything in pregnancy listen to your body. I carried all the way through my second and third pregnancies with no problems, in fact it was easier than pushing the pushchair. Second pregnancy I back carried used a mei tei with the waist belt tied above my bump, very chunky nearly 2 year old. Third pregnancy I either back carried using a pod (podaegi) or weirdly I found a ring sling really comfy as DD (22 months) curled her legs round my bump.

If you feel you need face to face help find your local sling library and they should be able to help you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now