Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Manducca/lillebaby/connecta?

(7 Posts)
Nottalotta Fri 21-Apr-17 13:55:13

I'm looking for a carrier for ds2,9 wks old, and big (98 th centiles height and weight)

I like the look of those I've mentioned, think the connecta looks a bit less comfy thought?

I'm 5'7 average build, carrying a bit of baby weight, size 14 if that makes a difference?

Can anyone recommend one or another?

Rainatnight Sat 13-May-17 20:12:33

Hi, I have a Connecta and love it. I'm small (only five feet) and I have a 90th centile baby. It LOOKS less comfy because the straps are less padded but it holds the baby really wonderfully and the weight is well distributed so I find it comfortable.

My caveat is that we adopted our DD at 8 months so I have no experience with a newer baby.

My partner has the Manduka and is happy with it. She's taller - 5'7". I felt as though the Manduka was wearing me, with all the padding, hence getting a different one.

Could you go to a sling library and try a couple?

icclemunchy Sat 13-May-17 20:16:14

Deff try and get to a local library. We always say Slings are a bit like jeans, and just because I like jeans from gap doesn't mean you will. The slings you have mentioned all fit very differently in terms of padding and adjustability and for a 9 week old will either be too bit or need an insert or rolling (which tbh are a faff and not always comfortable).

I run a library and we usually recommend stretchy wraps (including caboos) and ring Slings but it's hard to recommend without seeing you and your little one

littletwofeet Sat 13-May-17 20:23:29

You're best to go to sling library as what one person likes another hates! I couldn't get on with the connecta (I'm 5foot, same as pp) but know lots of people who love it.

I found the ergo the most comfortable and easiest to feed in.

I tried the connecta after I'd got used to the ergo though and it just wasn't as comfortable, I didn't like the cross straps at the back, I found no matter how I positioned them they ended up pulling on my neck.
I didn't find the baby seemed as comfortable in the seat of the connecta either compared to the ergo.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sat 13-May-17 20:24:58

Definitely go to a b sling library. I was sure I wanted an ergo and ended up with a connecta!

RaeSkywalker Sat 13-May-17 20:28:37

We have a Lillebaby and I love it. DS is 6mo now and on the 75th centile for weight, 91st for height.

I agree that if you can try before buying at a sling library or by borrowing a carrier, it will really help. I tried a couple of slings with no luck, but then tried my friend's Lillebaby on and really liked it.

sunnysouthend Sat 13-May-17 20:33:13

Agree with trying them out - but just to say I have a Manducca which I still use to transport my nearly 3yo comfortably and have even used it for my 5yo and felt fine in it. It is really easy to use and secure and if you still need the newborn bit (can't remember how old/big they don't need it any more), it's built in and not a huge padded affair that would make baby too hot in summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now