We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing slings and backpacks. If you want to buy or sell slings and backpacks, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Ergo 360?

(4 Posts)
pickletoots Mon 03-Apr-17 07:05:37

Hello,

I'm currently 38 weeks pregnant with my first and looking into slings. My friend has given me a stretchy wrap which I'm definitely going to use but my husband would like one with more straps/ buckles.

There's a new ergo 360 going half price on gumtree and just wondering if anyone's used it? Are they good for newborns?

Thanks!

BertieBotts Mon 03-Apr-17 07:11:40

Firstly, be careful because Ergos are loved by tricksters and you'll often find fakes for sale. Google how to spot a fake Ergo for more info.

Second I don't think they are the best carriers for newborns. They are okay for later. Look at the Connecta, or there's another one I forget the name of now.

flutterbean Mon 03-Apr-17 09:17:42

I love stretchy or woven wraps for newborns, but carrier wise i'd recommend the JPMBB Physio carrier over the Ergo, purely because it has the infant insert built in, so less faff. Also Tula are releasing a new carrier suitable for newborns+ called Free to Grow.

Echoing what pp said, there are a lot of fake Ergos about.

notanothernamechangebabes Mon 03-Apr-17 09:30:29

I have an ergo 360 (from john Lewis, so def a real one)

It's terrible for new babies, and the infant insert is a nightmare. Until he was 4 monThs DS was too young for the carrier without an insert but far too big to fit in it. He looked like a POW all trussed up.

But it's really come into its own after 4 months when he had head control, and we use it all the time now without any insert.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now